We've been picking Norland trained nanny of 13 years @nannylouenna's brain for her top baby-related tips and are delighted to share her essential nursery picks as follows:
1. Organic, cold pressed coconut oil for a natural, all over body moisturiser (this one by Kokoso is brilliant)
2. A good nursing chair - (John Lewis has a good selection) is vital and the gentle rocking motion is very soothing for both mother and baby in the middle of the night
3. Water Wipes - they're chemical free and can be used on delicate skin from birth - buy a multipack!
4. Muslins - these satin trimmed ones from Willa and the Bear are dual purpose as they also make lovely comforters
5. Pampers Disposable Changing Mats for nappy off time - it's really important to let those little bottoms get some air!
6. A sturdy bath seat - I like the Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support
7. Play Gym - my favourite is the multi-functional, easy to pack away Tiny Love Gymini Kick and Play
8. A Braun Digital Thermometer - they're expensive but are really accurate and to my mind worth every penny
9. Black out blinds - they will really help your newborn distinguish between night and day in those crucial first weeks whilst you're establishing a sleep routine
10. Nasal Decongester from NUK - babies inevitably pick up colds along the way and until they can learn to blow their noses as toddlers, this little device is very easy to use and a real life saver
Follow @nannylouenna on Instagram and keep your eyes peeled for more of her marvellous newborn advice on our Blog :)