We've been picking Norland trained nanny of 13 years @nannylouenna's brain for her top baby-related tips and are delighted to share her essential nursery picks as follows:
2. A good nursing chair - this Reclining Glider by Mothercare (£185) is neutral enough to fit in with any nursery scheme, and the gentle rocking motion is very soothing for both mother and baby in the middle of the night
3. Water Wipes - they're chemical free and can be used on delicate skin from birth - buy a multipack!
5. Pampers Disposable Changing Mats for nappy off time - it's really important to let those little bottoms get some air!
6. A sturdy bath seat - I like the Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support
7. Play Gym - my favourite is the multi-functional, easy to pack away Tiny Love Gymini Kick and Play (£49.95)
8. A Braun Digital Thermometer - they're expensive but are really accurate and to my mind worth every penny
9. Black out blinds - they will really help your newborn distinguish between night and day in those crucial first weeks whilst you're establishing a sleep routine
10. Nasal Decongester from NUK - babies inevitably pick up colds along the way and until they can learn to blow their noses as toddlers, this little device is very easy to use and a real life saver
Follow @nannylouenna on Instagram and keep your eyes peeled for more of her marvellous newborn advice on our Blog :)