Having trained at the prestigious Norland College and with over 13 years experience as a nanny and maternity nurse, @nannylouenna is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to all things baby related. Here she shares with us her top five tips on how to achieve a peaceful night's sleep with your new baby - it's got to be worth a try right?
1. Make sure your baby has regular feeds throughout the day so that they are stocked up for the night. Feeds should be every three to four hours in the day so that they can go for longer periods at night without food.
2. Split the evening feed and give your baby a nice warm bath in between, followed by a massage before you finishing the feed or offering a top up. This draws bedtime out, tires them out and relaxes them ready for the night ahead.
3. Keep their bedroom calm and noise free at bedtime - use blackout blinds if possible, draw the curtains after bathtime and close the door to minimise noise.
4. Swaddle your baby so that they feel nice and secure and aren't woken from scratching their face or because of cold hands.
5. Make sure your baby spends a lot of time in the fresh air during the day, napping in the pram and going for walks - it really does wonders.